Thread Links Date Links
Thread Prev Thread Next Thread Index Date Prev Date Next Date Index

Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Website Updated, Action Items



I like David’s approach in the last slide.  It is clear, meets the objectives of this adhoc, and does not presuppose any particular solution. 




Jeff Heath
Design Center Manager

Description: Linear Technology Corporation




402 East Carrillo Street, Suite D


Santa Barbara, California 93101









From: Abramson, David [mailto:david.abramson@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:13 PM
To: STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Website Updated, Action Items


Hi Yair,


I have attached a presentation to this email with some thoughts on the compatibility matrix.  I think we need to keep it as simple as possible, while still conveying the information needed.  I wanted to get this suggestion in front of everyone before the conference call.




David Abramson

IC Design

Power Interface

Texas Instruments

+1 603.222.8519 (Office)

+1 603.410.7884 (Mobile)

From: Darshan, Yair [mailto:YDarshan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 7:00 PM
To: STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Website Updated, Action Items


Hi David,


Thanks for the comments.

Regarding comment #1: I have addressed the foot notes at the relevant places and it affected the requirements. Please see attached updated slide 10 in the cases were PD power >PSE power.


Regarding comment #2:  Please see slide 4 where you can find part of the answers to your question and I hope the missing data will be captured by the ad-hoc members prior the ad-hoc call. We need the information from the group as well. No doubt about it and yes, it may take some time unless everybody agrees that what is in the presentation covers our scope of interests.






From: Tremblay, David [mailto:david.tremblay@xxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 12:02 AM
To: Darshan, Yair; STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Website Updated, Action Items


Hi Yair,


Recommended Slide Changes:


·         Update table on slide 9 to include footnotes 2 & 3 after the text “work” for all pertinent cells.





·         I suspect it will take a considerable amount of time to put together the various device lists outlined on slide 3.  Will this data be captured prior to the Ad-Hoc call?



David Tremblay
HP Networking


From: Darshan, Yair [mailto:YDarshan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 1:24 PM
To: STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Website Updated, Action Items



Hi all,


Please see attached Compatibility Matrix Ad-Hoc material for our Compatibility Matrix Ad-Hoc conference call.

Meanwhile, until the formal ad-hoc conference call meeting, I'll appreciate if you review it and send your inputs over the reflector to start the discussion so we can better prepared for this meeting.

I am planning to have at least one ad-hoc conference call until the IEEE802.3 Geneva Interim which its details I'll send to you within a day or two.


Best Regards





Yair Darshan


4P-PoE  Compatibility Matrix Ad-Hoc Chair.