[802.3_4PPOE] Magnetic Component Requirements: Channel Pair To Pair Resistance Imbalance Ad Hoc

Hi guys,

Based on 1st Ad-hoc meeting this week we are looking for the following data:

We currently use 66 miliohm/meter cable (CAT6A) as our lowest resistance channel in our worst case data base.

The questions are:

1.       Should we expect to lower resistance cable? If Yes, which CATEGORIES above CAT6A? what wire gauge?

2.       In a typical channel, if we exclude the horizontal cable (90m max), what will be the expected minimum resistance per meter of the cables from the equipment to the horizontal cable? I assume we are talking about total of 5m each side? (My initial working channel model is 2m+3m+90m+3m+2m=100m  4 connectors).

3.       What is the minimum channel length allowed if there is such definitions in any spec. TIA/EIA or IEEE?

4.       What may be considered practical, minimum channel length or cable length that will present minimum TBD resistance within this length? I preference a data in the form of resistance per meter and cable length.

Thanks

Yair

Darshan Yair

IEEE802.3bt Task Force, Channel Pair To Pair Resistance Imbalance Ad Hoc Chair.

Chair

Power over HDBaseT Subcommittee

HDBaseT Alliance

Chief R&D Engineer