Re: [802.3_4PPOE] From ANSI/TIA-568-C.2: How insertion loss is specified at specific temperature and tested at specific temperature

Hi Wayne:

Is there an error in the table for the value from 40 < T 60?  Shouldn't the value for d1 be 0.006?  Refer to clause 6.4.7 for supporting content.

Thanks - Val

From:        "Larsen, Wayne" <WLARSEN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        04/29/2014 06:30 AM
Subject:        Re: [802.3_4PPOE] From ANSI/TIA-568-C.2: How insertion loss is specified at specific temperature and tested at specific temperature

Hi,

These are the relevant details from C.2, annex G, for calculating the allowed channel length at elevated temperatures.  The TIA version of the table Alan sent over.

Wayne
4/29/14

Re: [802.3_4PPOE] From ANSI/TIA-568-C.2: How insertion loss is specified at specific temperature and tested at specific temperature

Hi,

The TIA documents give a formula for de-rating the length, when the ambient temperature is above room temperature, similar to the table Alan sent over.  Assuming the data center designer follows these formula, the resistance of the maximum length channel will comply with the requirements for the resistance of the 100 m channel at room temperature.  Same with resistance unbalance.

Wayne
4/29/14