Re: [802.3_4PPOE] IEEE802.3bt - End to End Channel Pair to Pair Resistance Unbalance Adhoc - Meeting #8 material

Hi Yair,

Thank you for your slides.

Here are some comments about the analysis of P2PRUNB due to cables and connectors:

-       Table in the picture of slide 21: I suggest to use another symbol for the number of connectors instead of “ m “  , which may be confused with meters (this requires to change it through the whole presentation, if possible..)

-       Slide 24. It is not clear to me how P2PRUNB can decrease as Rdifference increases. I think this is because R absolute value increases, too. This is already described in slide 10, so I’m not sure what you want to show with this slide 11.

-       Slide 29. I agree with considering PSE and PD series resistances, which help reducing the P2PRUNB.

o    0.1Ohm for both PSE and PD is a reasonable number, since the data transformer itself is usually more than that. And it results in 0.2Ohm min cumulative.

Thanks

Best regards

Christian