[802.3_4PPOE] comment files posted

All, the comment files with proposed resolutions are posted on the website. They can be found here: http://www.ieee802.org/3/bt/comments/index.html

There are three files:

  1. Comments sorted by clause/page/line. This is the easiest method to follow along with the doc, reviewing the comments and the proposed resolution.
  2. Comments sorted by Topic.  This shows the comments that Dave thought we interrelated all grouped together, and this is likely how we attack comment resolution (covering comments by topic group).
  3. The EZ Bucket comments.
Those that are new to this process will need to read this next part carefully. The EZ Bucket file is very important. These are comments that Dave considers innocuous and therefore ‘easy’. The goal is to make one motion to accept all these comments, which would cut our workload in half. If you have filed comments, it is important that you review this EZ Bucket file to ensure you agree with the remedy. I will ask if anyone would like to pull comments out of the easy bucket before this motion is made and we vote.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. See you all in a little over a week.

Chad Jones
MGR, HW ENG, Cisco Systems
Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force