From: Peter Johnson <peter_johnson@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 17:24
To: Yseboodt, Lennart; STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3_4PPOE] TBDs in D1.8

Lennart:

Is there any text that qualifies or specifies  Vport_pse_diff as being applicable at any particular power load, e.g. Pclass or “any load”, etc?

Practically speaking, I believe this parameter is only important (or relevant) in a subset of cases where Pair-Pair unbalance is critical:

1)      Operating at higher power levels – for example >30W because we don’t care about Pair-Pair unbalance below 30W

2)      4-Pair Powering of Single Signature PD’s

3)      Operating at power levels where Iport_2P may exceed Icon/2

Regards,

Pete J

Sifos