From: Chad Jones (cmjones) [mailto:cmjones@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:39 PM
To: STDS-802-3-4PPOE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_4PPOE] fallout from the 20 ohm conversation

All, the 20 ohm loop resistance discussion trigger déjà vu for David Law, so he checked through his archives. Sure enough, we had this EXACT conversation during development of 802.3at. as a result of this conversation, we placed some specific text in AT to define the cable while restricting the loop resistance. This also lead to analysis of the objectives and review of D2.4 for compliance. It was found that we are not in compliance with the objectives.

I have put together a doc showing David’s email, the objective, the D2.4 text, the AT text and the late comment I will file to close this hole. The only question I have is for the cabling folks:

For Cat5e, we list 4 ANSI standards: ANSI/TIA-568-C.2, ANSI/TIA/EIA-568-B.2, ANSI/TIA/EIA-568-B.2-1, and ANSI/TIA/EIA-568-B.2-10. In D2.4, we only list ANSI/TIA-568-C.2. Is it sufficient to list this one standard or is there something added by including those other three?

Chad Jones

Tech Lead, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force