Re: [802.3_4PPOE] pse_power_update_alt(X) variable is used by the state machine but is missing from the

Hi Yair,

This baseline has no effect on the state diagrams.

This adds a variable to the PSE state diagram variable list, that isn't used on these state machines.

Your baseline correctly points out that "We do have pse_power_update_pri and pse_power_update_sec that do it but we need a way to transform from _pri and _sec to _alt(X)."

I would suggest the following:

1. Delete the pse_power_update_alt(X) in the draft

2. Add pse_power_update_pri and pse_power_update_sec and alt_pri to the DLL dual-sig variable section

3. Restore the variable description for pse_power_update_pri and pse_power_update_sec from D2.3

4. In the MIRROR_UPDATE state of Figure 145-45 replace "pse_power_update_alt(X) = TRUE" by the following:

IF X = alt_pri THEN

  pse_power_update_pri = TRUE

ELSE

  pse_power_update_sec = TRUE

END

We have been through this particular issue before (see email dated 4/4/2017).

Kind regards,

Lennart