Re: [802.3_4PPOE] On usage of "active" and "not active" -- Addressing Comments #297 and #76

Hi Murat, all,

If Mode (X) is non-active while the other mode is active, the inactive PD requested power value
Mode (X) field value shall be set to 0.

Suggestion: Replace above sentence with:
“The PD requested power value Mode (X) field shall be set to 0 when Mode (X) is not in
POWERED or POWER_UPDATE.”

LY: I understand the concern of this baseline and agree. We should not invent new terms when existing terms suffice.
I disagree however with this requirement => why should a PD be forced to request zero power on an unpowered pairset ?
Such PDs likely do want to get power on their unpowered pairset and this shall prohibits them from making the request.

Proposed remedy is to strike this sentence.

Kind regards,

Lennart