[802.3_4PPOE] Charlotte hotel charge

For those of you (like me) that neglected to read the fine print with the hotel reservation for Charlotte, you might have missed this:

You will be required to submit a valid credit card to provide a first nights room and tax deposit at the time of reservation. The advance deposit is refundable up to 72 hours in prior to your arrival date.

The hotel charged one night plus tax to my credit card on Aug 1. I know my corporate policy on expenses would have been violated if I hadn’t noticed this when I was doing my Berlin expense report.

Chad Jones

Tech Lead, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force