As promised we are providing baseline for out class probe presentation from Berlin. Both are attached; root presentation and baseline.
It should be noted that Yair has also identified additional reasons that class probe is useful. I have not yet modified the "justification" portion of the presentation to include his comments - but will. Yair has been very collaborative on this topic.
Please consider this class probe proposal - it has a couple minor changes from what some of you have seen over the last few weeks. Also note that Yair has reflected on my approach and is offering another CLASS_PROBE baseline alternative.
We've (David and I) tried to keep the scope as narrow as possible in this change as to limit changes to the draft.
1) Allow class probes to determine class/detect of SS and DS PDs
2) Limit power dissipated
3) Ensure power is not applied after class probe by returning to IDLE_XXX
a) IDLE_XXX will return to main IDLE using existing logic
We've been hesitant to adopt Yair's proposal in preference to this proposal:
4) Other proposal allows asynchronous return to IDLE_XXX. This can have unintended consequences for tpon and detection sequences becoming unbounded eg you can do whatever you want.
5) Other proposal creates a CLASS_PROBE(eg short,short,short)->CLASS_RESET->(Long,short,short)->CLASS_RESET->(Long) class event path that is not desirable.
6) I'm not sure it is useful to have option_class_probe_pri/sec differentiation. If the room feels differently we'll be open to the consideration.
Heath StewartDesign Center Manager, Mixed SignalOffice (805) 560-7658Mobile (805) 895-0499Websites analog.com, linear.comLinear Technology is now part of Analog Devices. Learn more.