Re: [802.3_4PPOE] PSE state machine - Stuck in ENTRY_SEC and related issues.

Hi Chris,

  1. I saw that this was the intent of the state machine in CC_DET_SEQ but you can get it and not limit it to only this case since staggered as originally presented by me during the 4PID adhoc doesnt limited to do secondary detection when primary is ON.
  2. You can do staggered detection also right after primary detection is done. ACTUALLY, this option for staggered is the most popular for e.g. doing connection check and/or detection. The use of the staggered detection as currently in the state machine is only useful when you dont want to find the 4PID by 3 class events. If you do want to find 4PID capable by doing 3 class events, the current state machine prevents it from you when you are using CC_DET_SEQ=3 and there is no justification for it.
  3. My point is that in all CC_DET_SEQ that allows staggered detection, we need to allow it for all the possible range of staggered detection. There is no technical reason why not to do it.
  4. This can be corrected easily per darshan_13_0917.pdf page 5-6 with comment i-254.

  1. I believe the question Lennart ask is much wider. Please see full discussion in darshan_13_0917.pdf page 5-6.

parallel detection is not well specified and the same staggered detection

I believe that this deserves a phone conference before meeting to save time.

Regards

Yair