Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Backfeed issue - Analysis of the issue and proposals for a solution

Hi Chad,

Yes, Chad, we spent an hour on this too, and we saw per your data, that you shipped millions of APs with ideal diode bridges BUT THOSE DIODE BRIDGES per your measurements didn’t have the backfeed issue in 3-pair so it proves my inputs that our 4-pair PSE systems never detected a legacy PD with backfeed issue over 3-pair.

So, so far, we don’t have data that they are exists. Please note that there is a bullet in page 7 that also ask for data on these PDs.

Once we have this data (about PDs with Hybrid bridges that have the backfeed issue in 3-pair), I will be happy to include it in my presentation.

I am trying to keep my presentation 100% accurate based on facts since the risk of doing mistakes based on conclusions from wrong data is huge.

Regarding the length of the presentation:

Most of the slides moved to the Annex. We will not have to review it again unless somebody will ask for specific answer.

The rest are similar slides that we can skip but needed for continuity + updated of the presentation based on the discussions so far + proposal for solutions.

Yair