Re: [802.3_4PPOE] Announcing P802.3cq

Congratulations to all for the hard work:Well done!
J. Francois Crepin
Bandwidth Communications

On Friday, September 28, 2018, 9:19:44 AM PDT, Chad Jones (cmjones) <00000b60b3f54e8d-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

All, the Power over Ethernet over 2 Pairs (Maintenance #13) Task Force (P802.3cq) was approved yesterday. This email serves to announce that the group is active and intends to meet in Bangkok on either Monday Tuesday Nov 12-13 or Wednesday Thursday Nov 14-15 (I will send an email when this is finalized).

I know this is a long email, it holds a lot of information and you need to closely read all of it.

The Task Force website is up and running. It can be reached here: http://www.ieee802.org/3/cq/index.html (currently you will need to know the URL, as the link from the Working Group site has not yet been added).

I have compiled all of the maintenance requests that were assigned to the group into a comment file and Dave Abramson has imported them into a CDB and generated a PDF. This file is posted in the comment area. The comment area can be access via the TF main URL above. The comments in this file alone is not enough to fill 1.5 days of work in Bangkok. Therefore, we will also hold a comment cycle opening today, closing October 21, 2018, 11:59PM AOE. To comment, you MUST use the comment spreadsheet that is also located in the comment area. Comment spreadsheets are emailed to Dave Abramson and CCed to me.

While talking about comments, let me talk about the changes to Clause 33. We cannot make changes that introduce new features or break existing COMPLIANT products. Also, this maintenance is not about making Clause 33 ‘pretty’. A good guideline is to consider how you would categorize your comment. If it is editorial, don’t bother filing it. We should be fixing technical issues and only technical issues.

I look forward to making this process painless and efficient as possible. Please strive to do the same.

Chad Jones

Tech Lead, Cisco Systems

Retired Chair, IEEE P802.3bt 4PPoE Task Force

Acting Chair, IEEE P802.3cq Task Force

Principal, NFPA 70 CMP3