[802.3_B10K] Extension Study Group

Title: Extension Study Group

All,

As noted during yesterday’s meeting, I noted that given rules changes related to the life of a study group, it was necessary to request the extension of the study group, rather than just its rechartering.  As part of the motion that needs to be presented to the EC on Friday – a rational has to be provided for the extension request.

As this is the first time doing this particular motion, I inadvertently forgot to show the proposed text to the Study Group yesterday.  Here is the draft text I will propose to the WG at today’s closing plenary in support of the SG extension –

My apologies for not showing this text yesterday.  I didn’t want to surprise members of the Study Group later today, so I am sending to the reflector now.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Beyond 10km Optical PHYs Study Group