Principal Engineer      3600 Cisco Way
ENG Switching Software  San Jose, CA, 95134 USA
Tel: +1 408 525 6952    Fax: +1 408 527 4698
Email:                  petejone at cisco.com
Twitter:                @petergjones

From: Pat Thaler [mailto:pthaler@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 2:27 PM
To: STDS-802-3-DMLT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_DMLT] [IEEE 802.3br IET] Agenda and presentations for San Diego

Dear colleagues,

As editor, I'd like to mention the remaining areas where additional technical input would help with completing the draft:

-	Managed objects - while the SNMP object definitions will be done when 802.3.1 is revised, we still need to add an object class and objects to Clause 30 for the new capability/sublayer and to 79.4 for the TLV.

-	Preemption verification - How to verify that preemption isn't disrupted by a silent device on the link (e.g. media converter, non-802.1Q compliant switch) that replaces the SMD with an SFD still needs some fleshing out (99.4.2).

-	Delay constraints - I've put a first cut at delay constraints in the draft (99.4.8). Feedback on whether those are reasonable for implementations to meet is needed.  (I also noticed a cut and paste typo on that subclause - the 4th paragraph (not counting Editor's notes) "is held" should be "is not held" (page 30 line 5).

Regards,
Pat Thaler