[802.3_GEPOF] May interim

Colleagues:

Congratulations to you for a productive interim meeting.  The presentations covered a broad range of technical and potential market topics, and they provided great justification for need and feasibility of a Gigabit Ethernet POF project.  Presentations have been posted to the study group website.  I want to thank all participants for great contributions to our project documents and objectives. We were able to complete a draft Project Authorization Request (PAR), Criteria for Standards Development and unanimously request that these documents be submitted for consideration at the July plenary meeting.  We also adopted a set of objectives.

Please note that there were substantive edits to the draft PAR and CSD documents by the study group.  The PAR, CSD and Objectives that were approved by the study group will soon be posted to the Study Group home page.  (Please remember, the drafts in the meeting document section of the web site were only starting points, not the edited then approved documents.)

Bob Grow
GEPOF Study Group Chair