Re: [802.3_GEPOF] Home Networking bandwidth growth needs and POF

Marek: No one say POF has infinite bandwidth, page 12 clearly gives the bandwidth achieved with POF  today - 1Gbps bit with SI-POF, 5.2Gbps with GI-POF.

Page 4&5 pointed out the bandwidth achieved by twisted pair and limitations.

Eugene

From: Marek Hajduczenia <marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:36 PM
To: Dai, Eugene (CCI-Atlanta); STDS-802-3-GEPOF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3_GEPOF] Home Networking bandwidth growth needs and POF

Eugene,

Some of the statements are a bit contradictory with what was already presented and discussed before. POF does not offer “infinite” bandwidth – all that was demonstrated was 1 Gbps capability with potential for 10G in the future. To be honest, we can do that on twisted pair today, so I fail to see how that alone is an advantage of POF.

Perhaps the wording should be clarified to avoid confusing readers.

Regards

Marek