[802.3_NGBASET] Presentation Request

Dear Study Group Participants,

I want to thank those people who supported my presentation in September to promote a concept (NGBASE-TSR) that is new and changes the way twisted-pair PHYs address market needs.

I also want to thank those who provided questions, comments and raised concerns. The feedback and comments illustrated to me where additional work is required to build consensus on this approach and alleviate concerns.

Fortunately, these concerns can be addressed and I plan to work on another presentation to document them and address the following;

1) Concerns about TSR Market cannibalization of existing 10G devices (doesn't)
2) Interoperability with existing 10G devices (does)
3) Customer Confusion on reach capabilities (possible, needs to be addressed)
4) Support with existing 10G silicon (firmware change only required)
5) Market adoption for 10G and 40G (dramatically increases)
6) Power vs Market adoption for 40G devices

If you have other areas you wish to see addressed, wish to collaborate with me to enhance the presentation, or simply want to be copied on the presentation for review,  please contact me.

Thank you,

Dan Dove
Applied Micro