[802.3_NGBASET] IEEE P802.3bq May meeting presentations

Highlights:

Deadline for requesting presentations: 11:59pm Friday May 2, 2014 AOE

Deadline for submitting presentations: 11:59pm Tuesday May 6, 2014 AOE

Meeting Information

The IEEE P802.3bq 40GBASE-T Task Force will be meeting at the IEEE 802.3 May interim meeting (the week of May 12th) in Norfolk, VA, USA.  Meeting registration and hotel information, previously distributed, is contained at the end of this message.

The P802.3bq task force is scheduled to meet Monday and Tuesday of the meeting week.  Anticipating a 1.5-day meeting we will start at 1pm on Monday to allow for some flexibility in travel arrangements.

If you are considering making a presentation, please let me know as soon as possible to aid in building the agenda.

Contributions are solicited that lead us to completing the baseline proposal which fulfills our objectives.

Call For Presentations:

Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  For the May meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at david.chalupsky@xxxxxxxxx  and must be made by May 2, 2014.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at david.chalupsky@xxxxxxxxx by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the May meeting presentations must be submitted by May  6, 2014.   Please copy our secretary, George Zimmerman (george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), on your requests and presentation submittal.

In your presentation request email, please include the following information;

Title of Presentation

Abstract  -  (a brief abstract is greatly appreciated to help organize our meeting)

Time Requested

Presenter, Affiliation

Co-Author(s), Affiliation(s)

File name conventions

Please use the following convention for the presentation file name:

Filename: presenterlastname_3bq_nn_mmyy.pdf

Where nn=01 for your first presentation and is incremented for additional presentations by the same author.

Presentation updates should be indicated by an alpha suffix to the presentation number.  Example an update to 01 is 01a.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information (per Procedure for Presenters web page):

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/bq/public/presentproc.html

Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation

Author: Name(s) of author(s)

Subject: IEEE P802.3bq 40GBASE-T Task Force

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization.   It should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without contributions to drive it.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Norfolk!

Best Regards,

David Chalupsky

Chair, IEEE P802.3bq 40BASE-T Task Force