[802.3_NGBASET] Jitter reference for 10GBASE-T

At the PHY ad hoc, I had promised a pointer to the discussion of the jitter specifications from 10GBASE-T.  Below is the reference closest to the adopted spec – I am still reviewing.

See http://www.ieee802.org/3/an/public/feb05/pagnanelli_2_0205.pdf

However, the reference to RMS period jitter came in through the ballot comment process, and was resolved in March 2006:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/an/public/mar06/jitter.pdf

The comment (comment 27 on draft 3.1) appears to have pointed out incorrect language in an earlier draft confused the accumulated jitter, and the resulting equations would have to change otherwise.  I haven’t check the earlier draft to see if that is really what happened.

George Zimmerman

Principal, CME Consulting

Experts in Advanced PHYsical Communications Technology

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860

(PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS.  THE OTHER WILL STILL WORK, BUT PLEASE USE THIS FOR CME BUSINESS)