[802.3_NGBASET] IEEE 802.3bq Ad Hoc Meeting Placeholders - Wednesday, October 22nd & Wednesday, October 29th

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:REQUEST
PRODID:Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Pacific Standard Time
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:16010101T020000
TZOFFSETFROM:-0700
TZOFFSETTO:-0800
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:16010101T020000
TZOFFSETFROM:-0800
TZOFFSETTO:-0700
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
ORGANIZER;CN="Cibula, Peter R":MAILTO:peter.r.cibula@xxxxxxxxx
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN="Chalupsky,
  David":MAILTO:david.chalupsky@xxxxxxxxx
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN="Cibula, Pe
 ter R":MAILTO:peter.r.cibula@xxxxxxxxx
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN='STDS-802-
 3-NGBASET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx':MAILTO:STDS-802-3-NGBASET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DESCRIPTION;LANGUAGE=en-US:Dear Colleagues\,\n\nThis invitation announces t
 he inaugural meeting of the P802.3bq Receiver Common-Mode Noise Rejection
 (Rx CMNR) ad hoc.\nAs of this writing\, the meeting teleconference is sche
 duled to be held Wednesday\, October 22nd\, 2014 at 8AM PDT.\n\nIntroducti
 on to the Rx CMNR ad hoc\n\nAs noted in the unconfirmed minutes of the IEE
 E P802.3bq 40GBASE-T Task Force meeting held September 9-10\, 2014 in Kana
 ta\, ON\, Canada\, this ad hoc has been chartered by the P802.3bq Task For
 ce Chair to investigate the common mode noise rejection test (also known a
 s the cable clamp test.).\n\nTo further elaborate on the expected scope an
 d deliverables of this ad hoc\, I’m indebted to our Clause 98 Chief Edit
 or\, George Zimmerman\, for the following high-level description of what I
  anticipate will be the focus of our work.  From IEEE P802.3bq™/D1.0\, s
 ubclause 98.5.4.3 Common-mode noise rejection:\n“This test\, known as th
 e “cable clamp test” is currently in the draft\, but is being reviewed
  to see whether frequency extension\, augmentation of the existing test\,
 replacement of the test or deletion is desired.”\n\nI welcome your parti
 cipation in this ad hoc\, and also welcome contributions even as we define
  our charter\, scope and deliverables.\nSome initial areas for discussion
 may include\, but are not limited to\, the following:\n\n•       Investi
 gations along the lines of improving and augmenting the existing test\no
      Determining appropriate frequency extensions\no       Identifying imp
 rovements/augmentations to the existing test and associated configuration/
 calibration procedures\n\n•       Investigations along the lines of repl
 acing the existing test\no       Identifying alternative test methods\n\n
 •       Investigations along the line of deleting the existing requireme
 nt\no       Evaluating common-mode noise coupling over supported cabling s
 ystems\no       Assessing PHY transceiver sensitivity to common-noise sign
 als coupled over supported cabling systems\no       Confirming that PHYs o
 perating over supported cabling systems can meet the BER objective in the
 presence of common-mode impairments\n\nInaugural meeting agenda\n\n\nThe f
 inal agenda will be confirmed prior to the meeting\, but I would like to s
 uggest the following as a starting point to cover some basic first steps.\
 nParticipants are encouraged to review IEEE meeting guidelines available a
 t the following URL - https://development.standards.ieee.org/myproject/Pub
 lic/mytools/mob/preparslides.pdf\n\n8:00 am meeting start\n\n1.      Roll
 call\n   Record attendance\, attendees’ names and affiliations\n   (Foll
 owing previous meeting practice\, ad hoc attendees are asked to please ema
 il Dave Chalupsky <david.chalupsky@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:david.chalupsky@intel.
 com>> or Pete Cibula <peter.r.cibula@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:peter.r.cibula@intel
 .com>> a note confirming their attendance)\n\n2.      Reminder of IEEE pat
 ent policy\n   www.ieee802.org/3/patent.html<http://www.ieee802.org/3/pate
 nt.html>\n\n3.      Housekeeping\n•       Approve meeting agenda\n•
     Review the ad hoc charter/scope and deliverables\no       Charter (Pro
 posed):  Investigate the common mode noise rejection (CMNR) test\, also kn
 own as the cable clamp test.\no       Deliverables:  TBD\n\n4.      Brains
 torming session\n•       Review relevant content from prior study group/
 task force work and/or new contributions\n•       Define actions/next st
 eps needed to begin moving forward with developing the ad hoc’s delivera
 bles.\n\n5.      Discussion and next steps\n\n10:00 am meeting end\n\nYour
  action required\n\nAcknowledging that we are in the midst of exciting inn
 ovations and advances in twisted pair technology\, I recognize that there
 may be conflicts with other industry group and standards meetings.\nTo tha
 t end\, I’ve attempted to schedule this meeting so as not to conflict wi
 th scheduled CFI socialization and consensus discussion.\nIf you are aware
  of any conflicts with the proposed meeting time\, I am open to proposals
 for alternate times that allow broad participation by interested parties.\
 n\nThanks in advance for your participation in this activity as we continu
 e to make progress with P802.3bq™ D1.0\n\nBest regards\,\nPete Cibula\nP
 802.3bq Rx CMNR ad hoc Chair\n\n
SUMMARY;LANGUAGE=en-US:[802.3_NGBASET] IEEE 802.3bq Ad Hoc Meeting Placehol
 ders - Wednesday\, October 22nd & Wednesday\, October 29th
DTSTART;TZID=Pacific Standard Time:20141029T080000
DTEND;TZID=Pacific Standard Time:20141029T100000
UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E00800000000A02BE016A6E3CF01000000000000000
 010000000CDF905BCA6BCE44A967BC61CFE7A689B
RECURRENCE-ID;TZID=Pacific Standard Time:20141029T080000
CLASS:PUBLIC
PRIORITY:5
DTSTAMP:20141009T210933Z
TRANSP:OPAQUE