[802.3_NGBASET] 25GBT announcing the ProjDocs ad-hoc to support IEEE 802.3 25GBASE-T study group

Dear Colleagues,

I’d like to announce the formation of the Project Documentation ad-hoc to support IEEE 802.3 25GBASE-T study group.  George Zimmerman has graciously offered to lead this effort.  I will send a meeting announcement shortly for our first ad hoc call on Dec 2nd, 10:30am PT.

Note that the 25GBASE-T study group is specifically chartered “to develop PAR and CSD modifications to P802.3bq to add 25GBASE-T to that project” according to the 802.3 motion passed in November.

Thus the purpose of the ad-hoc will be to discuss the different areas of work (use cases, supported channels, PHY layering & modulation, etc.) that will fall under the work of the group and to prepare content and contributions towards the study group's goal of developing the required modifications to the P802.3bq objectives, PAR and CSD that will allow that project to include work on 25GBASE-T.

Remember that we are a contribution-driven organization.  I urge you to bring forward materials that will lead to having the objectives, PAR and CSD ready for approval by the study group in January.

Many Thanks,

David Chalupsky, Acting Chair, 25GBASE-T Study Group