Re: [802.3_NGBASET] 802.3 NGEABT Impulse Noise and Use Case Analysis ad hoc Meeting Reminder. (was: Enterprise Noise Characterization)

My apologies, German.   Enterprise noise was the intended name.  I made an error in the ad hoc announcement.

Let’s use the title “Enterprise Noise and Use Case Analysis ad hoc” as that better captures the scope.

Material for today’s meeting is posted http://www.ieee802.org/3/NGEBASET/public/entnoise/index.html

From: German Feyh [mailto:feyh@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:34 PM
To: STDS-802-3-NGBASET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_NGBASET] 802.3 NGEABT Impulse Noise and Use Case Analysis ad hoc Meeting Reminder. (was: Enterprise Noise Characterization)

Dear Colleagues,

I am excited to remind you that the first meeting of the 802.3 NGEABT Impulse Noise and Use Case Analysis  ad hoc is scheduled for Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 from 9:30AM to 11:00AM PST.

Please note the name change of the study group from “Enterprise Noise Characterization” to “Impulse Noise and Use Case Analysis”. I wanted the time slot opposite to Pete Cibula’s study group and sent out the invitation e-mail before the official meetings minutes from Atlanta were available using the name “Enterprise Noise Characterization”. The name is now changed back to the officially adopted name ” Impulse Noise and Use Case Analysis” for this study group.  Hopefully this will cause not too much confusion.

At this time, I have received no requests for presentation time nor any contributions to be shared with in the ad hoc.

If you are interested in presenting, please request a time slot and please forward your contributions to me (feyh@xxxxxxxxxxxx) and Dave Chalupsky (david.chalupsky@xxxxxxxxx) no later than 11:00PM Tuesday, January 27th 2015.

I’ll adjust the agenda as needed to accommodate your contribution.

This is a contribution driven process. Let’s establish a framework for contributions in this first meeting of the ad hoc.

Best regards,

German Feyh

802.3 NGEABT Impulse Noise and Use Case Analysis ad hoc Chair

Proposed agenda:

9:30 AM PST meeting start

1.        Roll call

·         Record attendance, attendees’ names and affiliations

·         (Following other meeting practice, ad hoc attendees are asked to please email Dave Chalupsky <david.chalupsky@xxxxxxxxx> or German Feyh feyh@xxxxxxxxxxxx  a note confirming their attendance)

2.       Reminder of IEEE patent policy

www.ieee802.org/3/patent.html

3.      Housekeeping

Approve meeting agenda

Review the ad hoc charter/scope and deliverables

4.      Brainstorming session

Review relevant content from prior standards/study group/task force work and/or new contributions

Discuss actions/next steps needed to begin moving forward with developing the ad hoc’s deliverables

5.       Meeting summary and next steps

11:00 AM PST meeting end

Your action required

·         Participants are encouraged to review IEEE meeting guidelines available at the following URL:   https://development.standards.ieee.org/myproject/Public/mytools/mob/preparslides.pdf

·         Participants are encouraged to review the IEEE patent policy available at the URL noted above and repeated here for convenience:  www.ieee802.org/3/patent.html

·         And, last but not least, your contributions related to the work of the ad hoc!

Thank you to all participants and contributors for your interest in and support for the Impulse Noise and Use Case Analysis ad hoc.

Best regards,

German Feyh

802.3 NGEABT Impulse Noise and Use Case Analysis ad hoc Chair

PS. A big thank you to Pete Cibula, helping me keep up the decorum.