Re: [802.3_NGBASET] Reminder: [802.3_NGBASET] Use Case Ad Hoc will convene Friday, February 20, 2015 at 11:00 AM EST for one hour

Colleagues,
Use Case Ad Hoc contribution attached and February 6 meeting minutes below.

Regards,

Chris DiMinico

Minutes: Recording Secretary Bob Wagner, Panduit
· Reviewed Jan IEEE meeting and objectives agreed upon at that meeting
· Defined scope of this Use Case Ad Hoc
· DiMinico showed 10GBASE-T and 40GBASE-T channel and permanent link definitions which will be used as a baseline
· Gave overview of TSB-155 allowing 10GBASE-T over 37m of Cat6 cabling
· Bryan Moffit from Commscope gave a use case presentation on three typical applications: trading desk, data center row, and AP
· All agreed that most of the work in this group will be to create the typical cabling configurations and understand how the cable is bundled and what impulse noise/power sources are located near the cabling
· Peter Jones asked several end customers at the Milan Cisco Live to provide feedback on how they run their cabling and define the noise environments
o Amrik and Jackie Chan agreed to get similar feedback from their customers
Action Items:
· DiMinico show the TIA guidelines in the next Ad Hoc
· Work in tandem with German’s Impulse Noise AdHoc
· Solicit Survey information for most common use cases and deployment configurations
· Develop AP standard use cases as basis for defining what cabling will work in that environment
o Total length
o Bundling length
o Cable fill
o Effect on other cables running 1G in the same cable tray