Re: [802.3_NGBASET] comments to 40GBaseT spec draft2.0

Zhongfeng,

  As one who has been designing and implementing RS error control systems for 20 years, and who has run System Engineering for Aquantia for the last 10 of those years, this is not an academic exercise for me.  I respectfully disagree with you, and  I stand by my assessment.  There are many ways to implement a PCS, but optimizing a single piece in isolation does not usually lead to a better overall solution.

Regards,

Paul Langner