From: <Brown>, Alan <Alan.Brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, August 24, 2015 at 3:07 PM
To: STDS-802-3-NGEPON <STDS-802-3-NGEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [802.3_NGEPON] NG-EPON Study Group Weekly meeting notes

Three comments, please:

·        Just one detail…we discussed on the call that perhaps our target really should be the MAC data rate, not the PHY rate. [JDS] Agreed. We should change PHY rate for MAC rate.

·        I do think we need a “minimum of” 25 Gb/s to be stated in the objective. [JDS] Yes, makes sense, but I thought we were doing that with “…at least…”, no?

·        I’m okay with the concept of “N x base”, but I’m concerned whether 802.3 WG will accept that vagueness (“N”).  Maybe some hardcore WG guys have more insight. [JDS] Yes, I agree, and I think that’s our biggest potential obstacle.

Best regards,

Alan