Re: [802.3_NGEPON] NG-EPON Study Group Weekly meeting notes

Regarding the 4th pair, I also wonder if we need 10G upstream with such high speed DS as Nx25 (or Nx40G). In general, I think that the 10G US is intended for the shorter term where 25G and especially 40G US may be too expensive.

Marek,

In certain cases, tunable laser structures may be based on an external cavity that is much longer than a DBR and as such is harder to operate in direct modulation at bitrates beyond 10Gbps.

I would reiterate that having an assymetrical 25G down / Tunable 10G up should prove to be very worthwhile including Nx25G down / at least one but perhaps more than one lane of 10G up, without the loss in OSNR stemming from ODB.

F.