[802.3_NGMMF] NGMMF Study Group straw polls and technical motions from Geneva Interim

All,

The straw polls and technical motions from the Geneva Interim are posted on the 802.3 website at this link.

http://www.ieee802.org/3/NGMMF/public/choudhury_NGMMF_05_jan18.pdf

We adopted two objectives for 400G, over both 4 and 8 pairs.

We failed to adopt an objective for 200G over 1 pair.

We approved a PAR and CSD Responses, which were pre-submitted for comment by David Law.

This puts us on track to possibly become a Task Force in May – subject to approval by 802.3 WG and the higher governing bodies

Tentatively in March, there will be:

1.      Time to respond to comments from other groups and the EC

2.      Further consideration of a 200G objective

3.      Further consideration of BMP and DI for our 4 pair and 8 pair 400G objectives

I have announced two ad hoc telecons for 2/8 and 2/22.

Warm regards,

Robert

Robert Lingle, Jr., Ph.D.
Chair, IEEE 802.3 NGMMF Study Group

Director, OFS Systems & Technology Strategy

2000 Northeast Expy | Norcross, GA 30071
Office: 770-798-5015
Mobile: 404-886-3581