Re: [802.3_NGMMF] planning for the May Interim

Robert,

This is good news.

I’ll start the discussion on the necessary contributions.

8-pair

1) We need contribution(s) that outline the basic technology options and proposes a selection of them to create the PMD.  This includes the MDI lane connector and lane assignments.

2) If a proposal to use the same choices in P802.3cd clause 138 is accepted, an initial draft of a 400G 8-pair PMD could be readily created from a modification of the 200GBASE-SR4 PMD content.

4-pair

1) Contribution(s) for the 400G 4-pair PMD that address the wavelength plan need to be delivered.  Once the wavelengths are known, other parameters can be determined to achieve the reach objective.

Regards,

Paul