Deadline for Submitting Presentations and Requesting Agenda Time
- The presenter shall request time by two Fridays preceding the meeting (AoE) of the week preceding the meeting.
- Requests shall be submitted by sending an email to
The presenter shall provide the following information:
- Name of presenter
- Title of presentation
- Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers)
- Brief description of topic
- If the "requesting presentation time" deadline is missed, time will be provided on a best-effort basis following the completion of the regular agenda
(or as deemed appropriate by the chair). Presentations that were requested on time, but submitted after the submission deadline will be considered before late presentation requests.
Presentation Style Guidelines
- Failure to meet guidelines may result in a loss of requested presentation time.
- Presentations must be submitted in PDF format. Neither the chair nor the Web Master will convert presentations to PDF format. Presentations not in PDF format will be returned.
- Filename must be in the following format:
"presenter_last_name_presentation_number_month_year" e.g. "smith_01_0712."
- Avoid graphic intensive backgrounds or other decorative graphics.
- No animations, audio clips, video clips, etc.
- Presentation should be less then 1.4 MB.
- No marketing pitches, product pitches or corporate pitches.
- No pricing or costs are permitted. Relative costs are permitted (i.e. option 1 is 3x the cost of option 2).
- No ASPs are permitted. Historical relative ASPs, based on public sources, are permitted, but no forward-looking relative ASPs are permitted.
- No company copyright or confidentiality statements. All presentations are posted to a publicly available web site. If the presentation is not ready for public disclosure, then it should not presented.
- To support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:
- Title :- Title of presentation
- Author :- Name(s) of author(s)
- Subject :- Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet (RTPGE) Study Group
Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE RTPGE
Submitting a Presentation
- The presenter shall submit a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation, by e-mailing it to
This shall be done
by TUESDAY of the week preceding the meeting for publication to the
Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet (RTPGE) Study Group website.
Presentations that do not follow the filenamce conventions or are submitted as
anytohng other than a PDF file will be rejected.
- If the "presentation submission" deadline is missed, time will be provided on a best-effort basis following the completion of the regular agenda (or as deemed appropriate by the chair).
A PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation shall be made available to
prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Document Information Fields
The 'Document Information' fields in a PDF file can be entered as follows:
- Adobe Acrobat: Either use the menu options: 'File' -> 'Document Info'
-> 'General' or the shortcut CTRL-D.
- Adobe PDFWriter: When the 'Save PDF File As' dialog appears hit the
'Edit Document Info.' button, enter the information, and then hit the 'OK' button.
Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet (RTPGE) Study Group Home Page
Last Update: 5 Nov 12