Re: [802.3_YANG] Liaison Statement, "LS on generation of YANG modules from Transport Technology UML information models" from ITU-T SG15

We can certainly discuss the use of UML modeling tools to generate YANG.

Having looked at a few in the past, and even this which by their own admission needs work, my personal opinion is that UML as a general modeling tool cannot model a data model very well. There are lot of semantics of YANG such as must statements and augmentations that are not supported by UML.

Thanks.