Re: [802.3_NGEPON] Tunable Lasers / burst mode question

Duane,

since we're on this topic already - I assume you're referring to DFB and DFR lasers listed in your presentation. Do these come with regular laser drivers? Is there any way to share information on their standard parameters (ER, power out EOL, on/off times, etc.)? Their cost is one thing, but it would be also interesting to see whether there any technical issues with their potential adoption in the future. We have been very tolerant in the past with 1G-EPON and 10G-EPON, and I think this is the way to go with NG-EPON as well, but nonetheless vendors optimize their designs over time to far exceed the standard. I would like to know what the situation with tunable optics for access is.

Thank you

Marek