[802.3_NGEPON] Fiber and Cable reliability

All,

Please see response from Victor. Does anyone know of any FCC Network Reliability task force publications on this?

Glen

From: Victor Hou
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:41 AM
To: Glen Kramer
Cc: Mark Laubach
Subject: RE: NG-EPON

Glen,

Yes, I wrote that paper.  The work was continued at Bellcore/Telcordia.  But when the FCC set up a Network Reliability task force in the mid-1990s, I am not sure if some of the outage reporting was taken over by other procedures.  I wrote only one public paper on that study, and a colleague of mine (Samuel Lisle) took the study over and may have published additional papers.

So, I do not know how much longer Bellcore continued that study.  Obviously, data from that paper is 24 years old now, and I would assume the telco/cable industry does a better job at outage prevention, especially dig-ups.

Victor