From: Howard A. Baumer [mailto:hbaumer@broadcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 6:44 PM
To: 10GBASE-CX4 (E-mail)
Subject: [10GBASE-CX4] Cable / Connector pinout

All,
	I just noticed that the connections for the Cable assemblies we have
been dealing with do not match the connections in the IB specification.
Here is what I have determined:
IB  IB        Cable
Pin Signal    Signal    Difference
S1  IBtxIp(3) IBtxIp(0) X
S2  IBtxIn(3) IBtxIn(0) X
S3  IBtxIp(2) IBtxIp(1) X
S4  IBtxIn(2) IBtxIn(1) X
S5  IBtxIp(1) IBtxIp(2) X
S6  IBtxIn(1) IBtxIn(2) X
S7  IBtxIp(0) IBtxIp(3) X
S8  IBtxIn(0) IBtxIn(3) X
S9  IBtxOn(3) IBtxOn(3)
S10 IBtxOp(3) IBtxOp(3)
S11 IBtxOn(2) IBtxOn(2)
S12 IBtxOp(2) IBtxOp(2)
S13 IBtxOn(1) IBtxOn(1)
S14 IBtxOp(1) IBtxOp(1)
S15 IBtxOn(0) IBtxOn(0)
S16 IBtxOp(0) IBtxOp(0)

The Cables IBtxI lane order is reversed from the IB Specification.  I am
looking at "InfiniBand Architecture Release 1.0 Volume 2 - Physical
Specifications" page 160 & 161, table 24.

Howard Baumer