[10GBASE-CX4] Re: Cable characteristics [was:[10GBASE-CX4]WorkingPaperAvailable]

Chuck,
	Our alphas are different.  There was a presentation on this very topic
at Rosevillel, here's the url:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GBCX4/public/dec02/MysticomCX4_Dec0602;6_taich.pdf
Mine is proposal #2 and that's just because that's kind of how we
implement it.
	This suggestion is a bit wordy but we can put it up to the group for
discussion.  Generally I think the standard needs to be described in
away that one could test a module within the scope of the standard.
Currently the CX4 PMD and the 10GBASE-X PMA/PCS has no way of generating
a "unit step" but there is a way to get this 5-"1"s, 5-"0"s pattern.
Anyway it'll be something on my list to go over.

Howard