[10GBASE-CX4] Re: Terminology

Larry,
    I thought at one point along the way we desided to call it
de-emphasis.  I know this hasn't caught on that well as even us here at
Broadcom call it pre-emphasis at times.  I don't think this nomenclature
is that big of a deal.  The more important definition is how the
emphasis is computed and then communicated to the group.  On this point
the group desided to always speak in terms of (1-Vlow/Vhigh), where Vlow
is the low value of the step response and Vhigh is the value of the
peak.

Howard