[802.3] 10GBASE-CX4 Notice to IEEE 802.3

Dear Colleagues,

The 10GBASE-CX4 Study Group has been extremely busy over the last 4 months.
Since our CFI and the authorization of our study group, we have had three
meetings and numerous teleconferences. As we described in our schedule last
November, we have developed a PAR, 5 Criteria, Objectives and a working
paper so that we can get a specification developed in record time.

There has been a huge amount of consensus within the group on our direction
and the working paper we have developed. Most votes have been unanimous as
can be seen by reviewing our meeting content on the web.

Per our schedule, we have now a complete working paper. This document has
been reviewed by the Study Group, improved, and detailed to meet our
objective of bringing it before the 802.3 Working Group for ballot if our
PAR is approved. If our PAR is approved and our working paper is allowed to
become a draft that goes out to ballot, we will have the opportunity to
perform two re-circulation ballots prior to the July Plenary.

We were required to bring this document to 802.3 at least one week before
the Plenary, but we are bringing it forward today, ahead of schedule, so
that you may have more time to review and provide feedback to our reflector
at mailto:stds-802-3-10GBCX4@ieee.org. We intend to continue our review
process, and if any changes are required prior to sending it out to ballot,
we will walk through those changes at the closing 802.3 plenary on Thursday.

I realize that this is a very aggressive goal we are trying to attain, but I
also have been extremely impressed by the volunteerism, dedication, and
detail that our team has applied to the problem. I hope that your review of
this document confirms my impression.

Please jump over to our website at
http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GBCX4/index.html to see our progress and the
working paper.