Re: [10GBASE-CX4] comments on latest CX4 revision

Hi Clark,

We discussed this and the conclusion was that there will be some impairment
caused by the fixturing (loss, etc) but that must be calibrated out by the
user. We did not want to get into mandating how much loss, what kind of
SMAs, etc. Rather, we spec the signal at the interface and rely upon the
user to be able to make that measurement.

This is consistent with 1000BASE-T and other 802.3 technologies where the
measurement requires some calibration by the user to compensate for probe
effects.

Dan