Re: [10GBASE-CX4] comments on latest CX4 revision

Dan,

I share Clark's concerns.  The only related presentation I found for February (cx4_electrical_specs_02_18_03_Raleigh.pdf) showed simulations, not hardware.

Apologies if I've missed a presentation with actual hardware compared to this template.  But if we're proceeding without any hardware experience, I am frankly concerned that this approach will be a measurement nigntmare.

Regards,
Mike

"DOVE,DANIEL J (HP-Roseville,ex1)" wrote:

Hi Clark,

I believe a lot of your questions would have been addressed
at our meetings. We have had numerous presentations with
measurements of cable assemblies and devices where the first
thing that is done, is determine the impact of the connectors
and PC board, and other impairments on the measurement.

Nobody is claiming this is easy, that is not required. It is
necessary to ensure compliance that we have a transmitter that
meets an objective template, and a channel that meets a set of
objective specs, and a receiver that works when connected to
the two former items. Verification is required, but those of
us who have been working on this have spent a substantial
amount of time doing just that.

The reason we spec'ed TP2 at the back side of the mated
interface was specifically so that we could get a physical
point as a reference plane.

Regards,

Dan