From: owner-stds-802-3-10gbcx4@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-10gbcx4@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of
DOVE,DANIEL J (HP-Roseville,ex1)
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 9:23 AM
To: 10GBASE-CX4 (E-mail)
Subject: [10GBASE-CX4] 802.3 PAR approval and Working Group Ballot

Dear Colleagues,

For those of you who were unable to stay for the closing IEEE 802.3 plenary,
or were unable to make the meeting in Dallas, or are simply tracking this
standard,
I wanted to inform you of the following...

WAAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:)

Now that the hard work is done, all we have left to do is the REALLY hard
work.

I will notify you of the outcome of the 802 EXEC meeting and NESCOM to see
if they endorse the decision by 802.3. If they do, we will be starting up a
ballot
process which will require us, the members of 802.3ak (to be) to resolve all
ballot
comments in a timely and complete manner.

I expect that we will also be generating ballot comments based upon our
continued
review and analysis of the specification to make sure it is bullet-proof.

We will be holding an interim meeting in May with details TBD and if NESCOM
approves our PAR, we will be holding an interim in Ottawa as well to resolve
likely recirculation ballot.

THANKS go to all of the members of this study group. We have done something
so
significant it required the words "While not setting a precedent" to be
added to our
motion because it was a groundbreaking achievement and 802.3 did not want to
create
a new expectation that just anybody could do this. It was only possible due
to a few
things that I would like to bring up.

1) HOWARD BAUMER graciously volunteering to act as editor-in-chief and then
executing
on schedule.
2) STEVE DREYER volunteering to lead the Loss Budget Team and managing the
great
work of all its contributors.
3) CHRIS DI MINICO volunteering to lead the Cable Assembly Team and pulling
some
tough numbers together in time.
4) ALL OF THE MEMBERS of this study group who have attended meetings,
reviewed the
working paper, and voiced their expert opinions where needed.
5) BOB GROW and DAVID LAW who have given me huge assistance on the
procedural
matters to ensure we didn't do all this work only to trip-up on a
technicality.

And last but not least... HERB VAN DEUSEN and PETER BRADSHAW for keeping our
meeting minutes. It is a necessary function and when nobody else raised
their
hands, these guys did. I appreciate it.

As I said, now the really hard work needs to be done, but given our record,
I am
confident we will execute and deliver as expected.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Regards,

Dan
Chair, 10BASE-CX4 Study Group