RE: [10GBASE-CX4] Loss Budget Team Teleconference Tuesday 10AM PDT

Hi Dan,

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning. I won't be able to attend
the meeting. Nor can I attend the Interim meeting.

Following is a summary of Deterministic jitter using the matlab
simulation.

Total number of Symbols = 100K; L=4nH is the package inductance, C=1pF
is the pad/ESD capacitance. Rs is the source impedance.

TP2: (includes the package of transmitter chip, 2" PCB, and connector
plus a 50ohm termination)
Vtx diff p-p = 2000mV
DJ = 0.101 UI for Rs=40 ohm
DJ = 0.097 UI for Rs=50 ohm
DJ = 0.096 UI for Rs=60 ohm
Vtx diff p-p = 800mV
DJ = 0.099 UI for Rs=40 ohm
DJ = 0.095 UI for Rs=50 ohm
DJ = 0.093 UI for Rs=60 ohm

TP6 w/ NEXT & FEXT: (behind the package of receiver chip, in front of
the RX slicer)
Vtx diff p-p = 2000mV & a passive equalizer pole=2/3*1.56GH,
zero=1/2*1.56GH
DJ = 0.508 UI for Rl=40 ohm
DJ = 0.419 UI for Rl=50 ohm
DJ = 0.384 UI for Rl=60 ohm
Vtx diff p-p = 800mV & a passive equalizer pole=2/3*1.56GH,
zero=1/2*1.56GH
DJ = 0.507 UI for Rl=40 ohm
DJ = 0.422 UI for Rl=50 ohm
DJ = 0.384 UI for Rl=60 ohm

TP6 w/ NEXT & FEXT: (behind the package of receiver chip, in front of
the RX slicer)
Vtx diff p-p = 800mV & without equalization
DJ = 0.664 UI for Rl=40 ohm
DJ = 0.500 UI for Rl=50 ohm
DJ = 0.441 UI for Rl=60 ohm

TP6 w/o FEXT,NEXT : (behind the package of receiver chip, in front of
the RX slicer)
Vtx diff p-p = 800mV & without equalization
DJ = 0.428 UI for Rl=40 ohm
DJ = 0.392 UI for Rl=50 ohm
DJ = 0.348 UI for Rl=60 ohm

It looks like that the DJ spec on TP2 is a bit loose ( if we don't
consider the transmitter driver effect) but the DJ allocated for cable
assembly seems not enough at all.

Best Regards,

-Joseph