P802.3an Task Force
Procedures for Presenters
Requesting Presentation Time
- Presenters shall request time by Wednesday of the week
preceding the meeting.
- Requests shall be
submitted to the
- The presenter shall provide
the following information:
- Name of presenter
- Title of presentation
- Length of time requested (this should include time for
questions and answers)
- If the "requesting presentation time" deadline is missed, time will be provided on
a best-effort basis following the completion of
the regular agenda (or as deemed appropriate by
- A PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation shall be
emailed to the
by Wednesday preceding the meeting.
- If the presentation submission deadlines
the presenter will be allowed to present only if electronic
copies or hard copies of the presentation
are made available to the group at the beginning of the meeting and the group
approves the addition of the presentation to the agenda.
- Presentations shall be available to the group a
minimum of 24 hours before a motion can be made on any material contained within
Presentation Style Guidelines
- Failure to meet guidelines may result in a loss of
requested presentation time.
- Presentations must be submitted in PDF format.
Neither the chair nor the Web Master will convert presentations to PDF format.
Presentations not in PDF format will be returned.
- Avoid graphic intensive backgrounds or other decorative
- No animations, audio clips, video clips, etc.
- Presentation should be less then 1.4 MB.
- No marketing pitches, product pitches or corporate
- No pricing, costs, ASPs, etc. are permitted.
Relative costs, ASPs, etc. are permitted (i.e. option 1 is 3x the cost of
- No company copyright or confidentiality statements.
All presentations are posted to a publicly available web site. If the
presentation is not ready for public disclosure, then it should not presented.
- To support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site
the 'Document Information'
fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:
- Title :- Title of presentation
- Subject :- IEEE 802.3 10GBASE-T Study Group
- Author :- Name(s) of author(s)
Document Information Fields
The 'Document Information' fields in a PDF file can be entered as follows:
- Adobe Acrobat: Either use the menu options: 'File' -> 'Document Info'
-> 'General' or the shortcut CTRL-D.
- Adobe PDFWriter: When the 'Save PDF File As' dialog appears hit the
'Edit Document Info.' button, enter the information, and then hit the 'OK' button.
Return to P802.3an Web Site
Last Update: 7 September 04