From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:thompson@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:58 AM
To: STDS-802-3-MAINT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; stds-802-3-mib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Howard Frazier
Cc: Jeff Mandin; Geoff Thompson
Subject: Re: [802.3_MAINT] Draft D1.0 is now available

Howard-

Jeff swings the spotlight onto the more important question in his 2nd
question under point 2.
That is:
     Is there any such thing at this date and forward as an
"IANA-maintained MIB" ?

I thought that the entire purpose of this project was to remove us from
any dependency on IANA/IETF for any kind of MIB maintenance.

Clarification is this area would be appreciated.
Thanks,

     Geoff  Thompson