IEEE Draft P802.3.1/D2 preliminary comment responses are now available

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3.1 MIB Modules for Ethernet Task Force,
and the IEEE 802.3 Maintenance Task Force,

I am pleased to report that the initial Working Group ballot of
IEEE Draft P802.3.1/D2.0 has closed, is valid, and has passed. The
statistics are as follows:

Voters 152
Approve 55    Approve ratio 83.33%
Disapprove 11
Abstain 20    Abstain ratio 23.26%
Returns 86    Return ratio 56.58%
Comments 300

Reports containing proposed responses to all of the comments have
been posted on the page:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/be/public/comments/d2/

These are merely preliminary, proposed responses. The MIB Task Force
will meet in Geneva beginning at 9:00 am on Monday, May 24th to
develop formal responses.

If you will be attending the meeting, please allow time to pick
up your photo ID badge at the entrance to the ITU building. I believe
the badge desk opens at 8:30 am.

We will be meeting Monday morning, and all day Tuesday.

My thanks to all of you who submitted comments and ballots on
D2.0, and I look forward to meeting with you in Geneva.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3.1 MIB Task Force