RE: [802.3.1_MIBS] IEEE Draft P802.3.1/D2 final comment responses are now available

I have two comments about the resolution of my comments submitted to the
IEEE Draft P802.3.1/D2 ballot.

Comment #124 was rejected on the grounds that 'the ballot resolution
committee feels that the text has value'. I would like to hear what is
that value. I will not propose alternative text as suggested in the
comment resolution. My proposal was to take out this section, no
alternative text seems necessary, but I would be glad to discuss the
arguments of what value it provides at this point and in the absence of
any specific reference to MIB objects and their security implications.

Comment #125 was accepted in principle based on the assumption that the
IANA continues to maintain the IANA MAU-MIB, and the IEEE standards
incorporates it by reference. There needs to be communication with IANA
on this issue, as IANA may need to get approval from the IESG for the
IANA MAU-MIB to be incorporated in and referenced by an IEEE standards
rather than in an IETF RFC.

Regards,

Dan