Update on March 2012 802 Plenary Venue

Colleagues,

All 802 WG were asked to conduct a poll at the March 2011 802 Plenary in
Singapore, to establish a preference for the March 2012 venue.  The March
2012 Plenary had been scheduled for Macau, but it was not possible to work
out an arrangement that was within the budget. Two alternatives were
presented in Singapore: The Melbourne Convention Centre in Melbourne,
Australia, and the Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Big Island of Hawaii.
"None of the above" was not a choice. There was not much detail on the
projected costs for Melbourne, but they were expected to be high. The Hawaii
venue costs were known, as many of the 802 wireless groups meet there, and
were within the normal meeting fee/hotel room costs for an 802 Plenary. The
SEC voted for Melbourne, based on the input from the WGs, with the Hawaii
venue as the backup.

The 802 planners, working with Bob Heile, (Chair of 802.15 and the liaison
between 802  and the local organizations in Melbourne), were unable to work
out an arrangement in Melbourne that was within the budget. Therefore, the
Hilton Waikoloa Village will be the venue for the March 2012 802 Plenary.

I wanted to get this information to you as soon as possible, since I know
that many of you plan your travel far in advance. When there are more
details on the Hilton Waikoloa Village venue, I will pass them on.

2012 802 Plenary Schedule

March 11-16 		Hilton Waikoloa Village
			Hawaii, Hawaii, USA

July 15-20 		Manchester Grand Hyatt
			San Diego, California USA

November 11-16 	Grand Hyatt San Antonio
			San Antonio, TX USA

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, 802.3bf TimeSync Task Force
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
 http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR 97229