|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
Today, Friday, May 24, is the early registration deadline for the July plenary. Register now and avoid paying the higher fee.
Steven B. Carlson
Chair, IEEE P802.3bp Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet PHY Task Force
IEEE 802 Plenary Session – July 14-19, 2013 Geneva, Switzerland
MEETING INFORMATION UPDATE #2
EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE MAY 24, 2013
MONDAY MAY 20, 2013
The July 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session will take place July 14-19, 2013 in Geneva, Switzerland at:
International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Place des Nations, 1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
The following IEEE-802 Working Groups will be participating: 802.1, 802.3, 802.11, 802.15, 802.16,
802.18, 802.19, 802.21, 802.22, 802.24 and OmniRAN EC Study Group.
ATTENDEE REGISTRATION (http://802world.org/plenary)
DEADLINES (6 PM Pacific Time)
• EARLY: MAY 24, 2013
• STANDARD: JUNE 28, 2013
• LATE: AFTER JUNE 28, 2013
• EARLY: $US 500
• STANDARD: $US 600
• LATE: $US 800
PLEASE NOTE: Registration Fee does not include food and beverage service.
STUDENT & UNIVERSITY OUTREACH REGISTRATION (http://802world.org/plenary)
DEADLINES (Geneva Time)
* STUDENT*: JULY 18, 2013 - 6 PM
* OUTREACH: JULY 16, 2013 – 9 AM
* STUDENT: $US 150
* OUTREACH: $US 25
* Full-Time Students (college students at the bachelor or post-graduate level)
* The Student meeting fee is available only one time per person. The person using the Student meeting fee will not be able to use this meeting attendance to gain or maintain voting rights. A valid current student ID must be shown when picking up the meeting badge.
University Outreach (Tuesday Only):
* $US 25 for Full-Time Students/Faculty (students at the bachelor or post-graduate level)
SPECIAL REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. After registering for this session on the IEEE 802 registration website, your name and email contact information will be sent to the ITU.
2. The ITU will send a confirmation of registration letter within 14 days to your registration email address. Bring this letter to the session, along with photo ID to pick up your ITU security badge. A sample of the letter you will receive is shown here:
ITU Registration Confirmation Letter
3. If you are a citizen of a country that requires a visa to travel to Switzerland, you may need to provide ITU with information to generate a visa request letter. The entire visa request process is described below.
IEEE 802 CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
• In order to obtain a refund of all or part of the Registration Fee paid you must request cancellation of your registration before the final cancellation deadline by submitting an online request at http://802world.org/plenary or by an email request: 802info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EARLY - FULL REFUND 6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, May 24, 2013
LATE – CANCELLATION FEE $US 100 6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, June 28, 2013
NO REFUNDS AFTER 6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, June 28, 2013
ITU SECURITY NAME BADGE REQUIREMENTS
• All Registered Attendees will be required to obtain an ITU Security Name Badge. In the days leading up to the July 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session each participant will receive a letter of confirmation of registration via email from ITU (may take up to 14 days). This letter will contain important information about how and where to obtain your security name badge for the event. Do not misplace this letter; it and your passport will be required to obtain your badge onsite in Geneva.
• Please see the ITU Registration Confirmation SAMPLE LETTER for more information.
VISA LETTERS & REQUIREMENTS
IEEE will not issue VISA Letters for the July 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session. Please review the enclosed ITU information for more details. The visa must be requested at least four (4) weeks before the date of beginning of the meeting and obtained from the office (embassy or consulate) representing Switzerland in your country or, if there is no such office in your country, from the one that is closest to the country of departure.
If problems are encountered, the Union can, at the official request of the administration or entity you represent, approach the competent Swiss authorities in order to facilitate delivery of the visa but only within the period mentioned of four weeks.
For any such request, a covering letter (with letterhead, address and the sender’s title and legible signature) stamped and signed by the person responsible for the delegate’s entity must be sent to TSB by fax (+41 22 730 5853) or e-mail (tsbreg@xxxxxxx) bearing the words “visa request”. A model of such a letter can be at: http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/info/Pages/visas.aspx
It must specify the following information of the applicant(s) for whom the visa(s) is (are) required: full name and functions; place and date of birth; passport number: place and date of issue, and expiry date; the title and dates of the meeting in question and must be accompanied by a very clear and legible copy of the passport and a copy of the notification of confirmation of registration approved for the ITU-T meeting in question.
Please contact the IEEE 802 Meeting Planners should you require additional information or assistance with registration services for the July 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session.
IEEE 802 PLENARY SESSION HOTEL GROUP RATES
IEEE 802 has made a special arrangement with Manotel Group’s 6 business class hotels in downtown Geneva to provide rooms with special rates for IEEE 802 Plenary Session attendees.
ALL IEEE 802 GUEST ROOMS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
* GUARANTEE: Each Manotel hotel provides guaranteed reservations via major credit card
* CANCELLATION: Up to 11 days before the arrival date, no penalty. From 10 days before the arrival date, the first night’s room will be charged.
* NO SHOWS Unless the hotel has been notified of a delayed guest arrival and rescheduled the reservation, a room guaranteed will be held until 8am of the next morning at which time the reservation will be cancelled and one night’s room will be charged.
ITU HOTEL RESERVATIONS
ITU maintains a list of hotels and residences of varied categories in or near Geneva that offer special rates to delegates attending conferences or meetings at the ITU. The list requires use of a standard booking form. A PDF copy of the full hotel list is available at: http://www.itu.int/travel/hotels.pdf.
Follow the procedure below to make a reservation for a hotel room with the ITU special terms:
• Delegates must reserve a room directly (i.e. not through an intermediary such as a travel agency, airline, etc.) with their chosen hotel from the list by phone, fax, or email.
• They must confirm the booking by mailing or faxing this standard booking confirmation form, which must provide valid credit card information to secure the hotel room guarantee.
• Bookings that are not guaranteed by a credit card will be held only until 18.00 hours.
• When checking in, delegates may be required to provide evidence that they are attending an ITU meeting or conference (i.e. show badge or invitation letter).
Please note the following basic information below. A more complete document outlining some practical information is available on the Plenary Session at: http://802world.org/plenary.
• PASSPORT & VISA must be valid for at least 6 months past date of arrival. (http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm/en/home/themen/einreise/faq.html)
• Official Language is French and the Currency is the Swiss Franc
• Geneva airport (GVA) is 3 miles north of the city of Geneva and Geneva city centre is only 6 minutes by train (every 15 minutes). A free ticket (for immediate use) for 80 minutes of travel on Geneva transport system can be obtained just before the customs control area. Visitors to Geneva receive a free Geneva Transport Card from their hotel at check-in.
• Electrical power is 230 VAC, 50 Hz, using the Type C Europlug. The Swiss SEV 1011 has a diamond-shaped recessed entry. Some Type C Europlug adapters are too large to fit into this receptacle.
Please note the individual Working Group Sessions will take place in the following buildings: ITU, CICG, CCV. All buildings can be accessed by the same transit stops and are in close walking proximity to one another.
MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT SCHEDULED SESSIONS AND REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE AT http://802world.org/plenary IN JUNE 2013.
ITU (REGISTRATION & SECURITY BADEGS)
International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Place des Nations, 1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland (MAP)
Centre International de Conférence Genève (CICG)
17 rue de Varembé
CH 1211 Genève 20
Tél. +41 (0)22 791 91 11
Centre de Conférences
de Varembé (CCV)
9-11 rue de Varembé
CH 1211 Genève 20
Tél. +41 (0)22 791 91 11
IEEE 802 EMAIL LIST SERVER
We only provide e-mailed session announcements. To join this list and stay informed about upcoming plenary sessions, send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with no subject and with the following 2 lines appearing first in the body of the message:
MEETING PLANNER CONTACT INFORMATION
Face to Face Events Inc., 2699 Iversen Court, Santa Clara, CA 95051 USA
Phone: +1 (408) 241-8906
Fax: +1 (408) 241-8918
cell:801-376-6435 10871 North 5750 West
office: 801-492-4023 Highland, UT 84003
A Job is only necessary to eat!
A Family is necessary to be happy!!
To Unsubscribe from the STDS-802-ALL Distribution List: Send email to: listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with no subject and the following two lines appearing first in the body of the message:
Note: this must be sent from the email address that you are trying to unsubscribe. Otherwise send the following:
unsubscribe stds-802-all <the specific email address to be unsubscribed>
Description: Adobe PDF document