From: owner-stds-802-3-blade@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-blade@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG]On Behalf Of Yong Kim
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 3:13 PM
To: STDS-802-3-BLADE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [BP] [bp] 802.3 approves Backplane Ethernet PAR

Dear Adam,

        Thanks for your detailed (and I am sure time consuming)
response.  This helps a lot.  I am puzzled though on your item
2 subpart c): New study group needing simple majority.

IF this is new study group THEN
        802.3 Operating Rule 4.2 - Formation - CFI scheduled
      35 days prior to WG Plenary.
ELSE IF this is not a new study group but a split THEN
        ???
ENDIF

If I were to fill in ???, all my prior .3 experience, a vote
to split a PAR (close one I could remember was 1G copper, and
exactly not the same) was NOT simple procedural (and no separate
CFI was done to do the split). I recall the votes taken within
BP SG was to recommend a new study group, which requires 35 day
and CFI.  Am I missing something?  Please advise/clarify.
Thanks in advance for your efforts.

best regards,

Yong.

Yongbum "Yong" Kim      Direct (408)922-7502
Technical Director      Mobile (408)464-6386
3151 Zanker Road        Fax    (408)922-7530
San Jose, CA 95134      Main   (408)501-7800
ybkim@broadcom.com      www.broadcom.com