Re: [BP] Wed August 4th Agenda: 802.3ap Channel Model Adhoc Conference Call

Title:
Hi All,

Attached is my recommendation that we look at changing our quantity of interest from Group Delay to Phase Delay.

The criticality of delay distortion is debatable.  However, I want to get this out quickly because switching to Phase Delay may be the right thing to do *and* help eliminate some of the repeatability problems people are seeing when taking channel measurements.  Someone on the call mentioned that magnitude repeatability was fine and that the phase was the problem..

Regards,
Brian Brunn

Bounding_Channel_Phase_040804.pdf